Our Ship Captain & Crew Dice Game Recommendation
- Ship Captain Crew Dice Game White Opaque with Black Six Sided Dice (D6) 16mm (5/8in) Koplow Games
- Dice are White Opaque in color with Black pips
- Rules are included
Do you want to play the super fun and popular dice game Ship, Captain, and Crew?
Have you heard about it but never given it a shot yet?
Are you looking for easy instructions to play or reviews about the game sets that you can buy?
If you have never played this Ship, Captain, and Crew dice game before, or, if you are looking to buy some new Ship Captain and Crew game sets easily online, then this article can help you do all that! With our easy to understand and detailed instructions, you will learn how to set up the game and the rules you need to follow.
Also, make sure to read the detailed review we are sharing three of the best Ship Captain and Crew games that you can buy online on Amazon. From their features to price range as well as the pros and cons of each, we have got it all here for you. So read on and get ready to play.
Ship Captain & Crew Dice Game #1. Koplow Games Ship Captain Crew Dice Game
This Ship, Captain, and Crew dice game of Ship Captain and Crew from the brand Koplow Games comes with White Opaque dice that have black dots on six sides to represent the numbers. These measure 16 mm which is 5/8 inches and weigh 1.44 ounces. This choice also comes with an instruction manual. The recommended user age for this Ship, Captain, and Crew dice game as suggested by the manufacturer is 14 years and above.
- Easy to read
- Easy instructions
- None as yet
Ship Captain & Crew Dice Game #2. Ship Captain & Crew Dice Game
This classic dice game of Ship Captain and Crew has been repackaged and given a new look by Front Porch Classics. You can play this Ship, Captain, and Crew dice game with as many as 2 to 10 players. The game set comes with 10 dice, 2 dice cups, 40 gold booty pieces and an instruction manual for 4 different types of games. The weight of the game is 9.6 ounces. The recommended user age for this option as suggested by the manufacturer is 8 years and above.
- Fun pictures on the dice
- Perfect for family play
- Compact and easy to carry
- This Ship, Captain, and Crew dice game may not be the best for adults
Ship Captain & Crew Dice Game #3. Farkel Ship, Captain & Crew Dice Game
These dice from the brand Farkel come in a compact packaging that you can also use as a rolling cup. It has a cool design which will add a higher element of style to your regular Ship Captain and Crew Dice game. The recommended user age for this choice as suggested by the manufacturer is 6 years and above.
- Good for young players
- Easy for children to grasp
- Very compact size
- Miniature size
While this is a fun game, use your judgment and play safe when combining gambling with the dice game.
Is this Ship, Captain, and Crew dice game known by any other names?
It is a very popular drinking game. The game is also known by other names such as:
- Clickety Clack
- Ship of Fools
- Ship Captain Mate and Crew
How easy is it to learn and play?
It is a super fun game that is easy to learn and play. It is most commonly played as a drinking game or as a game for stakes with a large group.
How do you play Ship, Captain & Crew?
Here is a simple guide that will help you play the game:
How many players can play in each round?
The game is best played with 5 or more players in each round but can also be played with as less as 2 players.
Materials Needed For This Ship, Captain, And Crew Dice Game:
- 5 dices
- Money/chips to bet with
- Pen paper to keep score
- Sturdy surface
How do you set up a new round?
- Decide which player will start the game.
- Decide how many rounds to play.
- Before the first player starts the game, each player has to place a bet in the centre.
- All the bets will be kept together.
Step by step instructions for playing the game
***Get FREE betting tips from EXPERT tipsters LEARN HOW
The object of the game will be to score the Ship, the Captain, the Crew or the Cargo. The highest is the Cargo.
- Each player will get up to 3 rolls in each turn.
- It is important that you have a Ship before a Captain and a Captain before a Crew.
- The first player rolls the 5 dice.
- For instance, let’s say that the player gets a Ship (with the 6) and a Captain (with the 5).
- However, they don’t have the Crew (which is 4).
- In this case, player 1 can set aside the Ship and the Captain and choose to re-roll the remaining dice.
- In the second roll, let’s say the player gets a Ship (with the 6), a Captain (with the 5) and a 2. There is still no Crew.
- So, the player can re-roll the 3 dice again, for the final roll in that particular round.
- In this roll, let’s say the player gets a Crew (which is 4), a 6 and a 1.
- Now the player can put the 4, the Crew, along with the Ship and the Captain.
- The player now has to add up the numbers on the remaining 2 dice, which is a 6 and a 1.
- The 7 from adding the remaining 2 dice will be the player’s Cargo.
- Now, player 2 starts to roll.
- Let’s say player 2 rolls a 6,6,4,4,3.
- Player 2 has a Ship (with the 6) that they can keep aside.
- Although there’s a Crew (with the 4), this cannot be kept aside as there is no Captain (which is 5).
- Player 2 will have to re-roll the 4 dice again and repeat the process mentioned above.
How do you keep score?
- If you roll 6 – it’s a Ship
- If you roll 5 – it’s a Captain
- If you roll 4 – it’s a Crew
- If you roll the remaining 2 dice – it’s the Cargo
How can you win at Ship, Captain and Crew?
- The player with the highest scores after a round will be the winner.
- In case of a tie, the players in the tie will get an extra turn till a single winner can be announced.
Few variations to play with:
If you are looking to bring in some more fun, you can add some of the following variations that can let you play a new kind of game each time:
1. The Admiral’s Ship Captain & Crew Dice Game Variation
In this particular variation of the game, the player who has won the last round will have to start the next round.
2. The Bow to Stern Variation
- In this particular variation of the game, you will have to switch the numbers that are associated with the Ship Captain and Crew of the game.
- This Ship, Captain, and Crew dice game is a lot of fun because here, there is a lot of chance of players getting confused and forgetting what to do.
- Instead of the regular 6, 5 and 4 that are used for Ship, Captain and Crew, make it 1, 2 and 3.
3. The Long Voyage Variation
In this variation of the game, in case there is a tie, let the pot as it is and each player has to ante again.
Last update on 2022-11-11 at 10:19 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.