Our Choice Recommendation
- 8 Sided Poker Dice by Koplow Games
- Playing Pieces - Five different 8-side dice representing the top 40 cards from a standard deck
- Objective - To have the best poker hand. Rules are included.
Do you love dice games?
Have you played poker and want to play a new variation of it?
Would you like to play a poker dice game that’s as much fun as the other poker game?
If you’re someone who loves playing poker, or have never played yet but want to give it a shot, then this article can be the perfect way to take your poker love ahead, or get started. Today, we are talking about the similarities and differences between the regular poker game and the poker dice game.
We’re also sharing detailed instructions that will help you play the dice poker game. In addition, you can also read our reviews on some products you can buy online that will be perfect accessories for your poker dice game. So read up the instructions and get ready to play!
What is poker dice?
- A poker dice is different from the regular dice that has dots to depict different numbers.
- In a poker dice, you will find the card designs on the faces of the dice instead of the dots.
- These depict the designs from nine to ace.
Is poker dice same as the card game poker?
While both the poker dice game and the card game poker essentially have something in common, here are a few similarities and differences between the two:
- Both the poker card game and the poker dice game have same designs.
- The game, in card as well as dice form, consists of key designs that represent the ace, king, queen, jack, 10 and 9.
- The card game comes in a pack of 52 cards while the dice game comes with 5 dices.
- These days, the poker card game often comes with two packs instead of the standard one. The two packs have cards in contrasting colours.
- The card game involves bluffing but there is no such scope in the dice game.
How to play poker games with dice
If you are planning to play the poker dice game, you can check out these helpful instructions below. These simple and easy to understand pointers will make it easier for you to set up the game, arrange for any additional material and know the step-by-step instructions:
Number of players in each round:
Minimum 2 players and can go up to as many as you want
Materials Needed For This Poker Dice Game
- Poker dice
- Alternatively, you can use regular dice. In that case, substitute 6 for Ace, 5 for King, 4 for Queen, 3 for Jack, 2 for 10 and 1 for 9
- Dice cup
- Dice tray (optional)
- Pen/pencil and paper to keep score
- Place the poker dice in the cup
- Decide on who begins first
How to play
- Shake the dice cup.
- Roll the dice on a dice tray or flat surface.
- Based on what you roll, you can choose to keep all the dice as they are, or re-roll.
- You can re-roll up to 2 times, with either all 5 dice or only those you choose to re-roll.
From highest to lowest, here is how you can rank the dice hands:
- 5 of a kind
- 4 of a kind
- Full house (with 3 of a kind and a pair)
- 3 of a kind
- 2 pairs
- 1 pair
- High card
Winning at Poker Dice
The player who gets the best possible combination of poker hand gets the most point and wins.
***Bet and Profit Daily With A Success Rate Of 91.3%. LEARN HOW
5 products on Amazon you can purchase and use for this poker dice game
Poker Dice #1. Bicycle Poker Dice Pack by Brybelly.com
This poker dice pack comes with 5 dice that have the different poker symbols in red and black. Each dice has an Ace, a King, a Queen, a Jack, a 10 and a 9. The dimensions of the dice are 2.5 inches length X 0.5 inches width X 2 inches height. This option weighs a total of 27.2 grams and is the perfect accessory to carry on your travel, whether it is your daily commute or a quick weened getaway.
- Easy to play.
- Lightweight and portable.
- This offer can fit in anywhere.
- Converts from regular poker to poker drinking game.
- Queens and Jack almost identical in shape and colour.
Poker Dice #2. Official Poker Dice Set by John N. Hansen
No products found. that are beautifully engraved with the symbols that represent the poker hand. The faces on the dice show the King, the Queen, The Jack, a 10, a 9 and a Club. The dice set comes in a storage case that is made out of plastic and is easy to carry.
- Beautiful engraving
- Looks nice
- Easy to carry around
- None as yet
Poker Dice #3. Cubilete dice set, Liar’s Poker dice set by Sentir Cubano
This Cubilete dice set comes with a set of 5 poker dice. This option is perfect to be used in a poker game, as well as use in Cuban Cubilete and Liar’s Poker. The rounded edges make it easier to roll and play with. The high quality material lasts longer and gives you many more hours of fun and play time. The dice set comes packaged in a storage box that also has rounded edges, so that even if you are carrying it along, it will not cause any hurt or damage. The dimensions of the dice are 3.5 X 0.9 X 0.9 inches and the dice weigh a total of 0.64 ounces, making it extremely easy to carry with you on your daily travel or even during your vacations or a quick game night at a friend’s place.
- The engravings are very beautiful and very easy to read
- The dice is made out of high quality material and is long-lasting
- Rounded edges on the dice and packaging make them easy to carry around
- Rounded and soft edges make it easier to roll
- They have a 7 and 8 (as a Spanish dice set) instead of a 9 and 10 (as used in regular poker)
Poker Dice #4. Koplow Games 8-Sided Poker Dice Game
Here is a set of poker dice that is very different from the regular dice set that you see. This poker game set of 5 dices from the brand Koplow Games are 8-sided and have a triangular face. The dice are made in such a way that they represent the top 40 cards from a regular deck. The dimensions are 3.8 X 1 X 0.9 inches and the dice weight is 0.8 ounces.
- Nice antique white
- More possibilities and strategy options
- Dice rolls well
- Print wears out easily
Poker Dice #5. Brybelly Set of 5 Poker Dice
This set of 5 dice has the designs of Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 9 and 10 engraved in 4 different colours, to add more fun. The dice have rounded edges which make them easier to roll even in small spaces. The dimensions of the dice are 0.8 inches length X 0.6 inches width X 0.4 inches height.
- Beautiful ivory shade
- Feels flimsy
Now that you know how to play poker with the dice game, make the most of your get-togethers with family and friends and show off your new gaming skill!
Additional Research: https://www.britannica.com/topic/poker-dice
Last update on 2022-11-11 at 10:19 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.